With the Dallas Mavericks 16 games into the season here are some things Mavs’ fans may thankful for early on into this season.
- A healthy Dirk Nowitzki. There is no doubt that Nowitzki’s performance early on is not just encouraging, but gives hope and optimism that this Mavs squad can make some noise.
- Monta Ellis exceeding expectations. If anyone would have thought Ellis was capable of this then he would have easily gotten the 4yr/$48mil he was looking for. Ellis is proving to be one of the leagues best bargains early on into this season.
- Jose Calderon getting out of his shooting slump. It’s easy to forget that Calderon started the season shooting 1-15. Calderon is shooting 47% from 3 while spreading the court for Nowitzki and Ellis
- The two-man game of Ellis and Nowitzki. These two together have just been tough to matchup with. Nowitzki’s shooting and Ellis’s speed have been a perfect match early on.
- “Thick and Thin”. Carlisle nickname for Samuel Dalembert and DeJuan Blair. Both have been better than expected and have been able to hold the fort down as Brandan Wright is recovering from his should injury.
- Shawn Marion’s ability to still be a factor on both sides of the court. Marion has shown the ability to shoot the 3-pointer this season and is once again leading the team in rebounds, as he still finds himself guarding the top player from each team game to game.
- Brandan Wright’s return next week. Barring any setback Wright should be back to practicing and even playing sometime next week.
- Shane Larkin being healthy. There is no doubt that the Mavericks needed his speed while Devin Harris is out. The rookie has shown flashes that he can have an impact on games, just must earn Rick Carlisle’s trust.
- Finally, the potential of this team. The defense will and should get better as Harris and Wright are expected back before January. Also when those two return the bench will drastically improve and the burden of Vince Carter having to carry the scoring load for the bench will diminish. Also, let’s not forget this team is still learning each other and building chemistry day by day. The Mavericks team we see now will not be the one we see by seasons end. Expect to see a better defensive team as the season goes along and as the bench strengthens.
What are you thankful for, Maverick and life related?
Remember, for the best deals on Dallas Mavericks tickets, always visit our friends at TiqIQ.com.
Tags: Dallas Mavericks