Top 10 Potential 2018 Free Agents For Dallas Mavericks
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Why Luka Doncic is underpaid in $207 million extension
- Dallas Mavericks: Tyrell Terry injures groin in summer league loss to Jazz
- Mavericks: How to maximize Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis pairing
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
After being presumed on the market, Boston decided to trade off Avery Bradley instead of Smart to make room for the contract of Gordon Hayward.
Smart is 23 years old and entering his fourth year in the league. He is extension eligible, but looks to be headed for restricted free agency this coming offseason. If Boston decides to hand Isaiah Thomas the big contract, you would expect them to let Smart walk next offseason if he demands a bigger contract.
Smart is a bull-headed defender on defense that can play both guard positions in the back court. Not the greatest perimeter shooter, Smart needs to improve on his outside shot moving forward.
Ultimately, Smart is a young, defensive stalwart in the back court that could fetch a decent contract from a team.
If you’re Dallas, do you throw an offer sheet out there with the hopes of pairing him alongside of Smith Jr. moving forward?
Next: Reclassification of Marvin Bagley III Could Be Huge For Dallas
These are obviously just a handful of potential free agents next summer as Dallas continues to look towards next summer as their main goal.