Dallas Mavericks: 3 Potential Trades With The Boston Celtics
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks land Boban Marjanovic on two-year $7 million deal
- Dallas Mavericks struggle, show flashes in summer league loss to Sixers
- Dallas Mavericks: Luka Doncic signs massive 5-year extension
- Dallas Mavericks: 5 post-free agency trades to consider
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas face the Sixers in summer league
First off, I realize Boston could probably get more for Avery Bradley, but this is about the best I believe Dallas would do.
Boston would still have Marcus Smart as their defensive back court stalwart while adding Seth Curry’s outside shooting to the mix. They would then get the rim protection of Mejri off the bench and gain two more second round picks (we all know how much Ainge loves picks).
They would also shed the Mickey contract and would save around $5.7 million overall in the deal.
Dallas would immediately get one of the best wing defenders in the game in Bradley and could sign him to an extension this Fall. He is still just 26 years old and would be great alongside of Dennis Smith Jr.
Next: Three Prospects in the 2018 Draft Class
Even though these are three hypothetical, speculation trades, Dallas could take advantage of a similar situation of Harrison Barnes last offseason in a team letting assets go to make cap room.