What Each Team in the NBA Draft Lottery Would Do With Top Pick
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Tyrell Terry injures groin in summer league loss to Jazz
- Mavericks: How to maximize Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis pairing
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
Boston is the number one seed in the Eastern Conference and very well could obtain the top overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft via the ridiculous trade with Brooklyn.
They very well could take Markelle Fultz and make it work with Thomas, Bradley, Rozier, and Smart. But in my opinion, if Boston lands the top overall pick in the draft, they trade the pick for a star.
At the trade deadline this past February, the two hottest names on the market were Paul George and Jimmy Butler. This summer, everyone believes both names will be the hottest names once again and I believe Boston will land someone of this caliber with the pick.
Fultz would be the better long-term pick, but if Boston could land George or Butler this offseason for the pick, it could propel them to an even playing field with Cleveland next season.
Next: Could Dallas Chase Jimmy Butler or Paul George?
With a few weeks to go until the lottery, everything should start to fall in place once the ping-pong balls fall.