Dallas Mavericks 2017 NBA Draft Big Board 4.0
The freshman out of Florida State could go anywhere within the lottery on draft night. Well, he isn’t going in the top three, but anywhere from 4-14 could be in play.
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
- Mavericks: Teammates look to collect debts after Luka Doncic’s extension
- Dallas Mavericks: What Tyson Chandler would bring as a coach
- Dallas Mavericks land Boban Marjanovic on two-year $7 million deal
Physically, Isaac is ideally what you are wanting in a wing prospect and that is why he is being gushed about by NBA scouts. Isaac stands at 6’11” and weighs 205 pounds. He also has a 7’1″ wingspan that gives problems to opposing teams on the defensive end.
Isaac has a solid offensive game, but nothing worth building your offense around. Although he did play off the ball on the wing at Florida State, he still has a ways to go on both ends of the floor if he hopes to translate into something special in the league.
The fit for Isaac would be really similar to Jackson and Tatum with the Mavericks. He would get minutes off the bench and could play with Harrison Barnes in the front court.
If the Mavericks play their cards right over the last week of the season, you could see the Mavericks drafting near the 7th spot on draft night. If they do win a couple of games, it could push them around the 10th spot where there should just take the best talent that falls to them.
Next: Why Malik Monk Could Be Off the Mavs Draft Board
Stay tuned for version 5.0 sometime in the month of May