Four Things I Don’t Want the Dallas Mavericks To Do
4.) Give Up On Justin Anderson and Seth Curry
The fourth thing I DON’T want the Mavs to do is give up on Justin Anderson or Seth Curry.
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Tyrell Terry injures groin in summer league loss to Jazz
- Mavericks: How to maximize Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis pairing
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
For the former first round pick, Justin Anderson was supposed to have a huge sophomore season, but has yet to step into those shoes in the first 20 games of the season. After seeing his role and minutes reduced over the last five games (even logging a DNP-CD), Anderson is suddenly on the verge of not being in the rotation at all.
Curry came in with a different kind of hype and is doing his job to stay in the rotation, mainly due to injuries. But once Barea, Harris and Williams are all healthy, will Curry find time in the rotation?
Before the season, the goal was obviously making the playoffs. Now the goal should be developing for the future and riding Anderson and Curry on the end of the bench would do no good in developing future talent.
I don’t know if Curry or Anderson will ever be quality starters in the league, but without playing time, we will never know.
Next: Four Trade Spots for Andrew Bogut
With Mark Cuban & Co. you never know what will happen in Dallas.