A Look Into Future Mavericks Free Agent Targets
Dallas will be in trouble at the center position again this offseason when Andrew Bogut’s contract expires. The first move will more than likely be to resign him. But, that isn’t a sure thing.
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Tyrell Terry injures groin in summer league loss to Jazz
- Mavericks: How to maximize Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis pairing
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
Nerlens Noel has been plagued with injuries throughout his entire NBA career. The 76ers have went ahead and drafted two other centers in the meantime. Basically, one has to go. The 76ers actually made it clear they wanted to retain Noel and trade another guy, but that hasn’t happened yet. If Noel makes it to free agency as still one of the three centers on the roster that could become a star, you’d have to imagine he’s the one to go.
Dallas could jump right on Noel and offer him a max deal. Philadelphia could match the offer because he will be a restricted free agent, but there’s no sense in matching a max deal on a guy who is crowded with two other future max deal guys. Something’s got to give.
If Noel could stay healthy this season and land in Dallas, this would be a huge pick up. He is the force down low Dallas has beens searching for. This would be one of the biggest signings in a long time for the Mavericks.