What Will Harrison Barnes Be in Two Years?
Isaac Harris: Borderline All-Star
Predicting what Barnes will be is nearly impossible since he played with three of the top 20 players last year, but I think Barnes will exceed expectations in Dallas.
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Tyrell Terry injures groin in summer league loss to Jazz
- Mavericks: How to maximize Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis pairing
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
Statistically, I think Barnes will reach near all-star level but we all know it depends heavily on your team’s record. So a lot of it depends on what the team looks like next season and if they are battling in the Western Conference Playoffs. But it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Harrison Barnes is an all-star.
In two years, I think he will at least be at the Gordon Hayward/Chandler Parsons level of small forwards. Not in the elite category of small forwards, but in that second tier.
I don’t think Barnes will ever average in the mid-twenties in points, but I do think he can hover around the 18-20 mark. That, combined with his ability to rebound and defend multiple positions, should lead to him being a borderline all-star.