If word from his Venezuelan team rings true, it sounds like the Dallas Mavericks will add point guard Tu Holloway to their training camp roster.
The Mavericks are currently holding 20 players on the roster, the maximum number allowed, so adding Holloway would mean someone has to go. The most likely candidates for the chopping block include Brandon Ashley, Jarrid Famous, and Jamil Wilson.
Before traveling overseas to pursue his career Holloway spent four years at Xavier and actually was a part of the Mavericks training camp back in 2012. He averaged 13.7 points and 4.1 assists per game during his time at Xavier, including 19.7 points and 5.4 dimes his junior year.
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Looking back at Dirk Nowitzki’s first 40-point game
- Dallas Mavericks: Kristaps Porzingis is putting in work ahead of NBA restart
- How Kevin Durant being out impacts the Dallas Mavericks in NBA Orlando
- Father’s Day gifts for the Dallas Mavericks fan
- Dallas Mavericks: Why Luka Doncic will be the best player in NBA Orlando