Another day, another game in the Mavericks vs Rockets series. The Mavs looked to rebound from their slow start in game 1 of their 1st round playoff series with a fast, pointed start to game 2. However, after suffering more setbacks with the loss of Chandler Parsons and Devin Harris, the Mavs came out with another slow start to game 2.
The Mavs rebounded to their slow start to trail by 2, 53-51 at half. Things really started to slip away in the fourth quarter when Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, & the Rockets morphed into Lob City with 15 dunks, 8 in the 4th quarter. Despite three quarters of back-and-forth play, the Mavs ended up falling to the Rockets, 111-99. The Rockets now lead the series 2-0.
Here are the highlights from the action:
The Mavs came out to another turnover laden start with nasty turnovers like this:
Then Richard Jefferson kicked off the actual highlights with this gem:
James Harden came out determined not to repeat his performance from Game 1:
It’s been a defensive party? Maybe not. But both teams are shooting under 40%. Probably b/c of the block party going on:
And then, of course, there was the Chandler v. Howard exchange. Techs with love? PLAYOFF INTENSITY.
Monta with ANOTHER 3rd quarter buzzer beating three:
As the third quarter ended and the fourth began, Dallas’ defense cracked again allowing multiple lobs and dunks like this:
More from The Smoking Cuban
- Dallas Mavericks: Did they do enough this offseason to jump into title contention?
- Mavericks: What to watch for as Dallas faces Utah Jazz in summer league
- Dallas Mavericks rumors: Bulls want first round pick for Lauri Markkanen
- Mavericks: Teammates look to collect debts after Luka Doncic’s extension
- Dallas Mavericks: What Tyson Chandler would bring as a coach