The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Clint Capela, Chalon – France
Like many of his fellow international prospects, Clint Cappela is all over the board in projected mocks. He is expected to be a first round pick, but if he does somehow slide, the Mavs may have a tough time passing up on the big man due to his potential and amazing athleticism.
- 20 years old
- 6’11”, 220 pounds
- Power Forward/Center
- 2014 averages: 33 games – 9.4 points, 63.2% fg, 6.9 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, .8 steals
- Amazing athlete
- Great physique
- Great hands
- Good rebounder
- Easily finishes above the rim
- Can finish through contact
- Runs the floor well
- Work ethic a concern, especially on defensive end
- Offense needs polish
- Despite poor shot, has a tendency to settle for the jumper
- Though a good rebounder, he should be much better due to his physical attributes
- Still learning the game
- A projected big, thinks he’s a small forward
- Attitude a concern
Previous: Mitch McGary