The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Bogdan Bogdanovic, KK Partizan – Serbia
Bogdan Bogdanovic enters this draft as the top rated 1992-born European player. With the Mavericks lacking size and depth at the shooting guard position, Bogdanovic could add depth at that position and possibly the small forward spot. Also, with his improved ability to handle and pass the ball, he could be a good fit next to Monta Ellis. It is not fully known yet if he’ll pursue his NBA career right off the bat or if plans on staying overseas. He’s seen as an early to mid-second round selection.
- 21 years old
- 6’6″, 200 pounds
- Shooting Guard
- 2014 Averages: 25 games – 15 points, 39.7% fg, 34% 3-pt, 4.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 2.2 turnovers
- Good court vision
- Good passer
- Knows how to draw contact on drives
- Versatile offense game
- Uses his size to his advantage (drives and post ups)
- Defense could use work, but has potential to be a good defender.
- Streaky shooter
- Lacks explosiveness
- Struggles against pressuring defense as ball handler
- Struggles against quicker guards on the defensive end
Previous: Clint Capela