The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Khem Birch, UNLV – Junior
Due to DeJuan Blair and Bernard James being free agents, Dallas may look at adding a big with one of the two picks. Like Brandan Wright, Khem Birch could be a factor as an undersized center. His ability to block shots, rebound, and finish as the roll man could make him a great fit for the Mavs.
- 21 years old
- 6’9″, 209 pounds
- Power Forward/Center
- 2014 Averages: 33 games – 11.5 points, 51% fg, 10.2 rebounds, 3.8 blocks
- Great shot blocker
- Excellent finisher inside
- 7’1″ wingspan
- Solid team defender due to his ability to recover quickly on help side
- Good pick-n-roll defender
- No real offensive game outside of dunking
- Lacks strength and mass
- Struggles against bigger and physical bigs
- Poor screener
- Struggles to finish against contact