The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Walter Tavares, Gran Canaria (Spain)
Tavares is one of the more intriguing names of this draft. With his length and size, he can potentially be a force on the defensive end. He seems to be an early to mid second round selection. It’s unlikely to see him go in the first round, but could be snatched up as early as pick 31.
- 22 years old
- 7’3″, 260 pounds
- 2014 Averages: 35 games – 6 points, 58.5% fg, 6.8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks
- Incredible 7’9″ wingspan
- Great mobility for his size
- Very active
- Good in pick-n-rolls and shows ability to finish
- Great work ethic
- Soft touch
- Plus pick-n-roll defender due to his length, size, and quickness
- Poor post game and offensive player
- Not a great athlete
- Needs to add mass
- Foul prone due to falling for shot fakes
- Still learning the game