The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Deleware 87ers
The brother of the Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Thanasis has greatly improved his stock during his stint in the NBA D-Leauge over playing in his home country Germany. He isn’t expected to be a first round pick, but it would not be a shocker to see him snagged up early in the second round. With the Mavericks having plenty of scoring, his energy and defense would be a welcome sight for the team.
- 21 years old
- 6’6″, 205 pounds
- Small Forward/Shooting Guard
- 2014 Averages: 50 games – 12 points, 46.9% fg, 30.9% 3-pt, 4.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.3 blocks, 1.2 steals
- Great shot blocker for his size
- Versatile player
- Strong defender
- 7-ft wingspan
- Improving shooter, but still needs plenty of work
- Struggles to finish over defense
- Turnover prone
- Not a great ball handler
- Offense overall needs plenty of improvement