The NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 26th. The Dallas Mavericks are without a first round pick but hold the 34th and 51st picks in the second round.
We’ll take a look at some second rounders that could be in the Mavericks sights. As well, we’ll look at some borderline and late first rounders who could slide into the second.
Cleanthony Early, Wichita State – Senior
Depending on the mock draft you are looking at, Early can go as high as 18 to the Phoenix Suns, or can be had with the Mavericks 34th pick. With Shawn Marion and Vince Carter listed as free agents, Early can provide depth at the small forward spot and also backup Dirk Nowitzki as an undersized power forward.
- 23 years old
- 6’7″, 209 pounds
- Power Forward/ Small Forward
- 2014 Averages: 35 games – 16.3 points, 48.7% fg, 37.6% 3-pt, 6 rebounds
- Versatile forward who could possibly play both spots
- Good-to-great athlete
- Knack for scoring
- Spot up shooting
- Ball security and handling
- Turnover prone
- Never played SF in college
- Size to be a full time PF
- Flat shot