The Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs sport two of the better benches in the NBA. Both will be asked to put up point and give their team an advantage.
- Stats: 35.4 points, 45.9% fg, 36.9% 3pt, 15.6 rebounds, 8.3 assists, 4.9 turnovers
- Key Players: Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, DeJuan Blair
- Responsibilities: Pick up the pace. Harris, Wright, and Carter are brought in to put points up on the scoreboard. While that trio is counted on to score the ball, Crowder and Blair are counted on to supply defense and energy.
- Stats: 45.1 points, 48.2% fg, 39.6% 3pt, 17.2 rebounds, 11.1 assists, 6.5 turnovers
- Key Players: Manu Ginobili, Patty Mills, Boris Diaw, Marco Belinelli, Jeff Ayres, Cory Joseph
- Responsibilities: Mimic the starters. There is a reason the Spurs are the NBA’s best. When the bench unit is in, the Spurs don’t miss a beat. They look to move the ball, hit shots, and cover each other on defense.