This matchup features two guards who excel at two completely different aspects on offense. It also pins “Have it All” vs “Icy Hot”.
- Stats: 19 points, 45.2% fg, 5.8 assists, 1.7 steals, 3.2 turnovers
- Pros: Excels in the Pick-n-Roll. Excellent finisher around the basket. Great 3-pt shooter from corners. Improved passer. Great in passing lanes.
- Cons: Turnover prone. Not a good 3-pt shooter away from corners. Poor defensively. Lacks size to matchup with physical guards. Vulnerable to poor shot selection.
- Responsibilities: Attack, attack, and attack even more. Whether it’s scoring for himself or creating for his teammates, the Mavericks want Ellis to get to the basket. Even with Ellis improved shooting numbers, he’s a much more dangerous threat when he’s around the basket. Even though he’s never been known as a good defender, the Mavericks will need Ellis to improve on that side of the court if they want a chance to win.
- Stats: 9.1 points, 41.5% 3pt, 1.0 steals
- Pros: Great but streaky 3pt shooter. Decent defender.
- Cons: Struggles creating his own shot. Not great at getting or finishing around the basket. Decent ball skills.
- Responsibilities: Spread the court and hit shots. When Green is hot, he makes the Spurs a much more dangerous team.